East of the region of riga (1 hour trip) , nine meters under the ground, there is a well-equipped facility with a total area of 2,000 sq.m, whose secrecy grading was removed only in 2003.
This was one of the most strategically important places in Soviet Latvia in case of a nuclear war.
This is a powerful autonomous self-sustaining structure with all necessary and high-end (for that time) equipment.
All authentic underground furnishings have been retained!
During this tour you will see:
- Plans and projections in regard to what would happen if because of a war, dams of all hydropower stations were destroyed, which territories would be under water, how that would affect largest towns;
- Books by Marx, Lenin, Brezhnev and other Soviet times politicians;
- Unique map with historic names of collective farms;
- Materials of the XXII Congress of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union;
- Special telecommunication unit that secured direct communication with Moscow Kremlin and autonomous communication with the key services in the entire country. You can see such devices as a teletype and a row of telephones for each separate purpose and for every separate officer;
- Power station, specialized unit for generating oxygen with conditioning equipment for cooling and purification of air;
- Artesian well;
- Various Soviet times memorabilia, household and everyday items.
Price include transportation and guided tour through the bunker and entrancefee. (Duration 4 hours)